Do you want to know the list of foods that burn belly fat? If your answer is a big yes, then you came to the right place. You have to read this article from top to finish to learn about foods that will help you lose weight.
Gaining weight and having a big fat belly is a common problem nowadays among women. Unwanted fats in the body and slower metabolism are caused by poor lifestyle and eating unhealthy food.
If you are determined to shape up you have to include exercise in your routine and eat fat burning foods.
Before you find out the list of foods that will help you lose weight, you must learn first what fat burning foods are. These are foods that need more calories to digest than what they contain.
These also boost your body’s metabolism helping it burn fat faster. If you are a big consumer of processed foods, make that switch now to whole foods. It is a smarter choice; whole foods are healthier and will help you lose weight faster. Processed and packed foods are high in fat, sugars and sodium.
Eating too much of processed foods can cause belly fat. Some people gain more belly fat than others. Good thing there are foods that burn belly fat.
Overweight men and women with fat bellies must do their best in reducing their bellies. Studies show that obesity and having too much accumulated fat in the belly can lead to developing heart disease.
Here is the list of 7 little known foods that burn belly fat:
- Green leafy vegetables don’t contain fat and have very low carbohydrate content. Vegetables specially the leafy greens are excellent source of minerals. Vegetables are low in calories making it perfect for your diet. Some veggies may be used for salads and eaten fresh. For those that will be cooked, it is advisable to either quickly boil them or sauté them in vegetable oil to preserve valuable nutrients. Intake of green vegetables cleanses the body and promotes better digestion allowing a flatter looking belly. Regular consumption of green leafy vegetables prevents constipation.
- Hot or cold tea is included in the list of 7 little known foods that burn belly fat fast. Green Tea’s main ingredient, epigallocatechin (EGCG) is a potent anti-oxidant. It helps the body burn calories. Some make it a habit to drink green tea after a filling meal to help speed up the body’s digestion. Making it one of the popular foods that burn belly fat. It is said to be more effective when combined with caffeine.
- Berries and citrus fruits contain naturally rich vitamins and minerals that are good for the body. Fruits reduce fat because of their high water content and being low in calories. Fruits especially citrus fruits can easily be digested by the body. When craving for dessert after a meal choose from oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries, mangoes and apples instead of processed sweets that are high in calories. Fruits burn belly fat by limiting fat absorption.
- Oatmeal is an excellent source of energy and fiber. Whole grain cereals like oatmeal are considered as foods that burn belly fat. Oatmeal is high in fiber that cleanses the body. It has complex carbohydrates or good carbohydrates that don’t allow insulin level to rise. The said reaction discourages the body from storing excessive fat. It also aides in maintaining normal blood sugar. Make it a habit to include oatmeal, raisins, cereals, whole grain breads and pasta in your diet. Oats have insoluble fiber that makes you feel full and prevents frequent food cravings. Oatmeal gets rid of bad acids in the digestive system and works well in burning fat around the belly.
- Beans are rich in plant proteins and amino acids. They give the stomach a satisfying feeling but contain fiber that acts like a shield by controlling the body from taking in fat. They are very nutritious and are a high source of dietary fiber which is known to reduce bad cholesterol and helps promote a healthy heart. High protein foods such as beans helps build muscles that are fast in burning calories. However, processed and fried beans should be avoided due to high sugar content and unsaturated fat.
- Lean meat should be a regular part of the diet of those who want to lose weight. Lean meat is a fat burning food that strengthens the muscles of the body. By strengthening muscles of the abdomen, it will be easier to eliminate fat deposits and excess calories. Poultry and poultry products like chicken is a rich source of protein. Chicken skin, however, must be avoided because it contains too much fat. Chicken is one of the foods that burn belly fat because it is not difficult for the body to digest. Turkey is known to be leaner and is packed with more protein making it an effective fat burner.
- Seafood and fish are good sources of protein and healthy fats. They are also considered as foods that burn belly fat. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and are low on calories and saturated fat. Omega-3 fatty acids allow removal of unwanted fat in the body. Sardines are known to be packed with fish oil. Fish oil is a known and effective fat burner. Tuna reduces leptin in the body. Protein in Tuna helps in building muscles and burn fat.
Aside from eating foods that burn belly fat, exercise is also important to stay fit and achieve flat looking bellies.
Drinking water also cleanses the body and improves metabolism. Regular intake of fresh juices and water helps burn fat. Water also flushes out unwanted toxins in the body which allows the body to stay fresh and fit.
For a healthier lifestyle and to lose weight faster learn about wholesome ways of cooking food. Prepare your food with less oil. Instead of frying, it is better to steam, bake or boil your food. This way you prevent adding more calories to your food.
Slowly change your lifestyle. Also keep track of the activities you do everyday, you could use an activity journal.
Practice losing weight gradually. Don’t starve yourself.
The faster you try to eliminate unwanted fat in the body the faster you get it back once you feel deprived by thinking of the food you avoided to eat. Keep track of the calories you take in by knowing the calorie content of the food you eat.
Use a food journal and make sure to remember eating foods that burn belly fat.